Following the announcement of Shopify’s new headless commerce stack, Hydrogen, Sanity has revealed their behind-the-scenes role in building the “content application” for Hydrogen, along with significant investment from Shopify.
“While the investment amount is undisclosed, becoming part of Shopify’s portfolio significantly bolsters Sanity’s balance sheet and gives us years of runway to continue developing our product and building our business. Having barely started using the funds from our Series B fundraising in 2021, we were already well-capitalized. This new funding helps us continue to think bigger,” wrote Magnus Hillestad, CEO, and Co-founder of Sanity.
Elsewhere in the space, dotCMS has upgraded its content authoring experience, Lexas CMS unveiled edge-based content delivery, and a desktop-based headless CMS has emerged as a new player in the market.
“Our strategic partnership and the new Sanity Connect app for Shopify’s headless commerce stack help merchants build remarkable shopping experiences.”
Read More >>
|dotCMS Unveils Major Updates to the Content Authoring Experience "The new dotCMS content pallet with drag-and-drop makes page building easier and improves the flow of content editing. In addition, the latest LTS version of dotCMS (22.03) features a JSON-Based Content Store and improved content search results. A significant new block editor [has also been] introduced, inspired by such interfaces as WordPress's Gutenberg Editor. The new dotCMS Block Editor can be used headlessly or on traditional pages." Next.js 12.2 "The Next.js team is “laying the foundation for the future of Next.js with 12.2” via Middleware, enabling dynamic routing for your entire application, on-demand ISR, enabling developers to upgrade content without re-deploying, and more." Introducing Edge-Based Content Delivery "In keeping with our vision to provide the best headless CMS for e-commerce, we're incredibly excited to announce our edge-based content delivery infrastructure. From today, all content within LexasCMS will be actively replicated across and served by our unique edge-based content delivery infrastructure, providing unparalleled global performance for all customers. " What Comes After MACH & Composable? "Introducing HALO. Standing for Headless, Agile, Low-code, and Open, HALO could be the future of MACH, according to Adam Sturrock, VP of Product Marketing at Amplience."|
Fireside with DXP Report #7
Kaya Ismail and Bart Omlo sit down to discuss the past and future of Kontent by Kentico, AI, and the headless CMS landscape.
Things that caught our eye
- ****New Player Alert — Agit CMS: ****A desktop-based headless CMS for markdown blogs.
- ****Composability Is the Future of Digital Experience Platforms: ****''The new focus of any DXP is to have the flexibility to not only bend toward where the organization needs to be by way of composition and delivery and presentation layer, but also where the customers are going to be.''
- **Going Headless Without Losing It: **''Headless means different things to different businesses, so finding the best advice and applying it is not easy, particularly as there are so many myths around the subject.''
- ****Citcon and Bold Commerce Open-Up More Than 150 Digital Wallets: ****''The combined Citcon and Bold Commerce solution will enable leading retailers and DTC brands to accept and process more than 150 payment methods, including popular digital wallets, local payment schemes, and credit cards preferred by overseas customers through one integration.''
- **Kbrw and commercetools Begin Strategic Partnership: **"We share the same vision as commercetools. By drawing on a technology-based approach that prioritizes agility, we're both aiming to provide business solutions offering greater performance and aligned with the business processes for enterprises operating in the e-commerce sector," explains Philippe Romano, CEO and Co-Founder of Kbrw.
The word on the street...
- ****[Reddit] VueStorefront with Woocommerce?: ****An integration is coming.
- ****[Reddit] Upgrading Headless WordPress with Gatsby: ****Not the most compelling combination…
- ****[Reddit] What does commercetools charge customers?**: **Redditors get to the bottom of this one, eventually.
That's all, folks! Thanks for reading.
Submit News | Become a Sponsor